Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spellinh mistakes courtesy of East Coast Raiil

I am sitting on a train heading out of Newcastle on my way back south to Londn after 2 weeks of visiting my Dad. I treated myself to a 1st class ticket ( which was not much more than a standard class), so i have free wifi and fodd and drink service. i thought i would take advantage of the 31/2 hour journy to catch up on my blogging. However, I have not aken into onsideration the lack of investment in rail travel over the last 20 years or so, which makes rail travel, even 1st cladss feel like riding a very bumpy roler coaster.
I have just ben served a large glas of red wiine and I am taking bets as to howw much gets drunk, and how much gets pored over my nice clesn shirst.
I am happy to report that Dad is alive and well on the aniverery of his 90th Birthday. He is smaller, less steady on his feet, and has a few more shakes than 6 months ago, but is remrkable, considering he had a hert attack in February last year, which nearl floored him completely.
It never gets any easier saying goodbye, as we both keep thinking this will be the last time we see each other, but we romised to see each other in 6 months which gives us both something to look forward to.

The lokelyhood of me having a clean shirt when i arrive in london has now been decreased with the arrival of lunch. All bets are off.





20 comments:

  1. Haha! Thanks for giving me a big laugh this morning Wally. I'm happy to hear your Dad is alive and well and that you had a good visit with him. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani, Sytil on the trane. bumpety bunp xz

      Delete
  2. You have made my day ! Thanks for the laughs glad that your Dad is maintaining his health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swaing is stil ongoingg. Thankss for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always enjoyed sit-down dining on the train. Penzance to London mostly. Oh, and the tea and biscuit wake-up call, when the sleeper gets into Paddington Station. Also love that Bronze Bear:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good old Dad! Bless him - my dad was tough as old boots. Used to joke we would need to shoot him eventually.

    And wot's alL thiS gRammmur nOn-since>? Their is nufFink rong wiff it...$£*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fast becoming the normal. New glasses i think

      Delete
  6. This gave me a much needed good laugh, today! happy belated to your wee dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, Home now.it is always too short

      Delete
  7. Hi Wally. Thanks for this funny and bittersweet post. My dad tells me of a long train ride we had when I was tiny and slept on his chest. "He is smaller" got to me, I think that when I see my dad during recent visits. Bumpty bump, perhaps your shirt will become a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely to catch up........hope the journey home not so bumpy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We often upgrade to first class when we fly. It costs less than 20 bucks and is worth it just to get a big seat and comfy blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your Dad is ok and you get to see him again soon. Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would like to hear much more from you on this subject matter. I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing such informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear feedback