Thursday, September 5, 2013

No... honestly.... they are not mine.......



For those that know me well, you will already know of my ability to lose my wallet on a depressingly frequent basis. You may not, however, be aware of my propensity for embarrassing moments. Maybe my 3rd grade teacher was right when she said I would need a nursemaid, or at least someone who could help me extricate myself from the messes I can get myself into.

For instance, my son left for his first day of 4th grade yesterday and left his swim suit and towel in the dryer. How inconsiderate of me to wash and dry his clothes and forget to put them in his school bag. The wheel has almost come round full circle as I pull everything out of the dryer and prepare to head into school to drop the offending articles off at his new class.



As I get out of the car, I find a pair of my wife's panties stuck to the towel. God bless static electricity.


As I am also in a hurry, I stuff  the red silk underwear into my short's pocket.



I call into the office and get my security clearance, together with my visitor badge and hide the AK45 in the towel and head off upstairs to his new classroom.

So far, so good.

I knock politely on the door and I am waved in by his new teacher. I tell her I have just dropped in to bring his swim suit. We exchange polite conversation and I hear how delighted she is to have Legend Jr in her class this year and then I turn to leave. I pull my car keys out of my pocket and out pops a pair of, well, let's just say they wouldn't pass for a handkerchief. She looks at the floor, then at me, then back to the floor again as I retrieve the offending article.

"I do rather like the color red," I said, as I opened the door and beat a hasty retreat back to the office to sign out. I did catch a glimpse of her doing a very good impression of a Guppy with a speech impediment just before the door closed.

And so another good start to the school year unfolds.

I think I will keep my distance for a while. Maybe until High School


18 comments:

  1. Hi Wally, I posted on this today! I read this on Thursday when I was sick in bed, recovering from food poisoning, and it cheered me up more than you can know. You are so funny...good on-the-spot line you came up with!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani,
      Thanks for posting. I hope it wasn't one of my recipes:)

      Delete
  2. Ha! Wally, Dani sent me over and I have had my laugh for the morning.

    Regarding static cling and such. I once went out with a very nice pair of slacks with my late husband to an event. I am walking about with a cocktail and suddenly a woman walks up to me and points down with a secret look on her face. The is a pair of my lacy panties hanging out of my trouser leg! I retrieved them and put in my evening bag quickly!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artist Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, how lovely to see you on these pages. I have thanked Dani, she is such a sweetheart.

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain. And laugh! :-D

    I once went with my dad to the Edinburgh Festival where we walked the entire length of a queue (a couple of hundred people) with me thinkint that people were looking at me because I looked nice. In fact, they were looking at me because I was dragging a pair of tights AND knickers behind me, out the leg of my jeans. I was sooooo embarrassed I just whipped them out and discarded in a litter bin. My dad never took me to the Festival again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali, We have a lot in common:) I'll be checking those trouser bottoms in London soon. xxx

      Delete
  4. First, did you get your wife's permission to post the panties? You may be in big trouble there ...

    I knew it was trouble to come as soon as you said you stuck them in your pocket, red is a signal for danger you know.

    Panties (and static electricity) seem to be a common offender ... I once walked across the kitchen of my in-laws to help with Thanksgiving dinner and what should fall out of my pant leg to fly across the floor? I also quickly retrieved them to stuff into my pocket.

    So how was the conversation over dinner when you asked your son how went the first day of school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi tiffany rose,
      Are you and Dani twin sisters:)
      My son is quite stoic, out of necessity.

      Delete
    2. Hi Wally, I'm not but I'm flattered you think we might be.

      Dani sent me over, we're in the same sisterhood among blogland. :)

      So that explains the quiet ones ...

      Delete
  5. Yes, and then you will want to try this again, but intentionally, in order to cause embarrassment. Embarrassing my kids is one of the sweetest joys of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, No problem there. I have lots of opportunities.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have posted another recipe you might like to try, similar to the one you liked.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for popping over so I could find your blog _ YOung At Heart is one of my fave bloggers too!. Your wife must be ec-static! that her knickers are forever immortalised on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a stock photo, otherwise I would have been in deep doodoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL @ guppy with a speech impediment :D I look forward to hearing about your London lunch with Alison :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivianne,
      I need to get the finger out and get it on the blog. In short, it was wonderful

      Delete
  10. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here!

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear feedback